Re: [nslu2-linux] vsftpd not starting automatically

  • Mike Westerhof
    Message 1 of 2 , Mar 17, 2010
      whitehat09 wrote:
      > Hi,
      > I realize this is prolly a simple fix but I dont know linux that well, hence why I use unslung. I installed vsftpd, followed nslu2-linux guide, and it works great. Only issue is that when the slug reboots I cant connect via FTP, I have to SSH in and '/etc/rc.d/rc.xinetd' to make FTP work. How do I fix this?

      What have you tried in order to fix this? And what firmware are you
      using (Unslung, I presume, but what version?)

      A quick search on the wiki comes up with half a dozen hits on the topic
      of vsftp and xinetd. I presume you followed one of those procedures to
      install and configure, but without knowing exactly what you've done it's
      difficult to offer any debugging suggestions that would make much sense.

      -Mike (mwester)