vsftpd not starting automatically

  • whitehat09
    Message 1 of 2 , Mar 12, 2010
      I realize this is prolly a simple fix but I dont know linux that well, hence why I use unslung. I installed vsftpd, followed nslu2-linux guide, and it works great. Only issue is that when the slug reboots I cant connect via FTP, I have to SSH in and '/etc/rc.d/rc.xinetd' to make FTP work. How do I fix this?

      Thanks,
      Curtis
    • Mike Westerhof
      Message 2 of 2 , Mar 17, 2010
        whitehat09 wrote:
        > Hi,
        > I realize this is prolly a simple fix but I dont know linux that well, hence why I use unslung. I installed vsftpd, followed nslu2-linux guide, and it works great. Only issue is that when the slug reboots I cant connect via FTP, I have to SSH in and '/etc/rc.d/rc.xinetd' to make FTP work. How do I fix this?

        What have you tried in order to fix this? And what firmware are you
        using (Unslung, I presume, but what version?)

        A quick search on the wiki comes up with half a dozen hits on the topic
        of vsftp and xinetd. I presume you followed one of those procedures to
        install and configure, but without knowing exactly what you've done it's
        difficult to offer any debugging suggestions that would make much sense.

        -Mike (mwester)