Re: Python 2.5.5 vs 2.5.4 unicode problem

  • Brian
    Message 1 of 4 , Feb 16, 2010
      Thanks for reporting the problem.

      I made the change for python 2.5.5 to explicitly use ucs4 again. Package is available for syno-x07 feed, packages for other feeds coming soon.

      -Brian

      --- In nslu2-linux@yahoogroups.com, "laurent.mazier" <laurent.mazier@...> wrote:

      > Hi,
      >
      > I have recently upgraded python 2.5 on syno-x07 target.
      > Previous version was python25-2.5.4-2 new one is python25-2.5.5-1
      >
      > I am also also using py25-openssl-0.10-1
      >
      > All was running fine under python 2.5.4
      >
      > Now I'm receiving an exception:
      > ImportError: /opt/lib/python2.5/site-packages/OpenSSL/crypto.so: undefined symbol: PyUnicodeUCS4_Decode
      >
      > It seems that ipk python25-2.5.4-2 was compiled with UCS4
      > and new python25-2.5.5-1 with UCS2 (incompatible binaries as different unicode settings)
      >
      > Would it be possible to fix it ?
      > Several solutions:
      > - rebuild python packages depending on Unicode settings
      > - rebuild python 2.5.5 with unicode forced to UC4
      > - force unicode mode for all python packages
      >
      > Thanks for your help

    • laurent.mazier
      Message 2 of 4 , Feb 17, 2010
        Thanks for your help Brian !

        Elmer.

        --- In nslu2-linux@yahoogroups.com, "Brian" <b88zhou@...> wrote:

        > Thanks for reporting the problem.
        >
        > I made the change for python 2.5.5 to explicitly use ucs4 again. Package is available for syno-x07 feed, packages for other feeds coming soon.
        >
        > -Brian

      • laurent.mazier
        Message 3 of 4 , Feb 17, 2010
          I have successfully tested the new pyhton25-2.5.5-2 package.
          Working fine..

          Thanks again Brian.