Python 2.5.5 vs 2.5.4 unicode problem

  • laurent.mazier
    Message 1 of 4 , Feb 16, 2010

      I have recently upgraded python 2.5 on syno-x07 target.
      Previous version was python25-2.5.4-2 new one is python25-2.5.5-1

      I am also also using py25-openssl-0.10-1

      All was running fine under python 2.5.4

      Now I'm receiving an exception:
      ImportError: /opt/lib/python2.5/site-packages/OpenSSL/crypto.so: undefined symbol: PyUnicodeUCS4_Decode

      It seems that ipk python25-2.5.4-2 was compiled with UCS4
      and new python25-2.5.5-1 with UCS2 (incompatible binaries as different unicode settings)

      Would it be possible to fix it ?
      Several solutions:
      - rebuild python packages depending on Unicode settings
      - rebuild python 2.5.5 with unicode forced to UC4
      - force unicode mode for all python packages

      Thanks for your help
    • Brian
      Message 2 of 4 , Feb 16, 2010
        Thanks for reporting the problem.

        I made the change for python 2.5.5 to explicitly use ucs4 again. Package is available for syno-x07 feed, packages for other feeds coming soon.

        -Brian

        --- In nslu2-linux@yahoogroups.com, "laurent.mazier" <laurent.mazier@...> wrote:

        > Hi,
        >
        > I have recently upgraded python 2.5 on syno-x07 target.
        > Previous version was python25-2.5.4-2 new one is python25-2.5.5-1
        >
        > I am also also using py25-openssl-0.10-1
        >
        > All was running fine under python 2.5.4
        >
        > Now I'm receiving an exception:
        > ImportError: /opt/lib/python2.5/site-packages/OpenSSL/crypto.so: undefined symbol: PyUnicodeUCS4_Decode
        >
        > It seems that ipk python25-2.5.4-2 was compiled with UCS4
        > and new python25-2.5.5-1 with UCS2 (incompatible binaries as different unicode settings)
        >
        > Would it be possible to fix it ?
        > Several solutions:
        > - rebuild python packages depending on Unicode settings
        > - rebuild python 2.5.5 with unicode forced to UC4
        > - force unicode mode for all python packages
        >
        > Thanks for your help

      • laurent.mazier
        Message 3 of 4 , Feb 17, 2010
          Thanks for your help Brian !

          Elmer.

          --- In nslu2-linux@yahoogroups.com, "Brian" <b88zhou@...> wrote:

          > Thanks for reporting the problem.
          >
          > I made the change for python 2.5.5 to explicitly use ucs4 again. Package is available for syno-x07 feed, packages for other feeds coming soon.
          >
          > -Brian

        • laurent.mazier
          Message 4 of 4 , Feb 17, 2010
            I have successfully tested the new pyhton25-2.5.5-2 package.
            Working fine..

            Thanks again Brian.