Re: opkg/ipkg-opt list update in SlugOS

  • slackline
    Message 1 of 3 , Feb 11, 2010
      --- In nslu2-linux@yahoogroups.com, "Stefano" <bettega_stefano@...> wrote:

      > How can I list opkg/ipkg-opt updates available for already installed packages without installing them?
      >
      > I would like to know which packages I can update and then select which of them I want to upgrade. Is there any script/command that can be executed for this task?

      Use the '-test' switch to test what will be done without doing (as documented in the help (type 'ipkg --help' to view).

      Thus something like..

      ipkg update -test

      ...should show you what would be updated.

      Neil
    • Stefano
      Message 2 of 3 , Feb 11, 2010
        Hi Nei, thanks for your answer.
        I tried it, and it works but not as I expected. It seems that opkg/ipkg-opt also downloads from the repository the packages to update, whithout installing them. Is there any way to get the list without having to download packages?

        Thanks
        Stefano