opkg/ipkg-opt list update in SlugOS

  • Stefano
    Message 1 of 3 , Feb 11, 2010
      How can I list opkg/ipkg-opt updates available for already installed packages without installing them?

      I would like to know which packages I can update and then select which of them I want to upgrade. Is there any script/command that can be executed for this task?
    • slackline
      Message 2 of 3 , Feb 11, 2010
        --- In nslu2-linux@yahoogroups.com, "Stefano" <bettega_stefano@...> wrote:

        > How can I list opkg/ipkg-opt updates available for already installed packages without installing them?
        >
        > I would like to know which packages I can update and then select which of them I want to upgrade. Is there any script/command that can be executed for this task?

        Use the '-test' switch to test what will be done without doing (as documented in the help (type 'ipkg --help' to view).

        Thus something like..

        ipkg update -test

        ...should show you what would be updated.

        Neil
      • Stefano
        Message 3 of 3 , Feb 11, 2010
          Hi Nei, thanks for your answer.
          I tried it, and it works but not as I expected. It seems that opkg/ipkg-opt also downloads from the repository the packages to update, whithout installing them. Is there any way to get the list without having to download packages?

          Thanks
          Stefano