Re: [nslu2-linux] Re: Debian install with 2 new disks

  • Martin Michlmayr
    Message 1 of 4 , Jan 5, 2010
      * phorrari <phill@...> [2010-01-04 17:38]:
      > This morning i flashed the debian image onto my slug, and started
      > the installer. At the partition disks part, I can choose Use as:
      > physical volume for RAID. But there is no option for Use as:
      > physical volume for LVM. Is this normal? Or do i have to load extra
      > installer components. Searching the internet i'm finding very
      > little, only that it should work.

      On the NSLU2, extra modules are not downloaded automatically (because
      the device has so little RAM). You'll get a screen towards the
      beginning of the installation where you can mark optional modules for
      download.

      Note: it's possible that the installer will run out of RAM when you
      try to use LVM. It's probably best to install to a normal partition
      and then (after the installation) create LVM manually with the
      remaining partitions.
      --
      Martin Michlmayr
      http://www.cyrius.com/