NSLU2 Unslung - Disk Change

  • hornecd67
    Message 1 of 2 , Dec 29, 2009
      Some years ago I set up my NSLU2 with Unslung v6.8 and a 120GB disk drive attached to USB port 2. The slug is also running the Firefly media server for all my MP3's. I am now looking for more storage and the ability to backup critical data automatically, so I have invested in a new 500GB drive which I want to use as my primary storage (the old drive will become my backup device). Eventually I guess I will invest in a second 500GB drive.

      I would really appreciate some advice to achieve the following:

      - Set up my new 500GB disk so that it has the Unslung firmware installed on it, along with all the data / shares / user info that was on the old 120GB disk. Should the new 500GB disk be on port 1 or 2?

      Once this has been achieved I should be able to reformat the old drive so it is clean. There is then plenty of advice on the NSLU2-Linux web page on how to achieve the backups.

      Thanks in advance.

      Chris
    • hornecd67
      Message 2 of 2 , Dec 30, 2009
        Sorry - my bad. I have now discovered this
        http://www.nslu2-linux.org/wiki/HowTo/SwapDrivesOnUnslung

        which I believe will do what I need. Will update this post with my findings.

        Cheers.

        Chris