Suggestion for a new package -> pcal

  • linuxnutzer1
    Message 1 of 3 , Dec 4, 2009

      recently I missed a small, but very useful program on my NAS and unfortunately I did not found it in the ipgk list, so I compiled it by myself. But maybe other user may not go this way and need a ipkg.
      It is a really simple program, compared with the programs from the wish list with no other dependencies, a small binary, a man page and some doc-files.

      Homepage:
      http://pcal.sourceforge.net/

      PCAL is a multi-platform (Unix/Linux, DOS, DOS+DJGPP, Windows+Cygwin, Amiga) program which generates annotated PostScript or HTML calendars in a monthly or yearly format.

      I use it for automatic printing my calendar events from google-calendar by a weekly cron job. This is pretty good solution for a NAS/server.
      Short summary:
      1) Get google calendar file in ical format with wget <Private-Link>
      2) Convert it to pcal-text-file with ical2pcal.sh
      3) generate a postscript calendar page for the current/next month
      4) print it with cups

      If anyone is interested, I can tell more details.

      Linuxnutzer
    • Brian
      Message 2 of 3 , Dec 5, 2009
        Done.

        Cheers,

        -Brian

        --- In nslu2-linux@yahoogroups.com, "linuxnutzer1" <joerg_kuehne@...> wrote:

        > Hi,
        >
        > recently I missed a small, but very useful program on my NAS and unfortunately I did not found it in the ipgk list, so I compiled it by myself. But maybe other user may not go this way and need a ipkg.
        > It is a really simple program, compared with the programs from the wish list with no other dependencies, a small binary, a man page and some doc-files.
        >
        > Homepage:
        > http://pcal.sourceforge.net/
        >
        > PCAL is a multi-platform (Unix/Linux, DOS, DOS+DJGPP, Windows+Cygwin, Amiga) program which generates annotated PostScript or HTML calendars in a monthly or yearly format.
        >
        > I use it for automatic printing my calendar events from google-calendar by a weekly cron job. This is pretty good solution for a NAS/server.
        > Short summary:
        > 1) Get google calendar file in ical format with wget <Private-Link>
        > 2) Convert it to pcal-text-file with ical2pcal.sh
        > 3) generate a postscript calendar page for the current/next month
        > 4) print it with cups
        >
        > If anyone is interested, I can tell more details.
        >
        > Linuxnutzer

      • linuxnutzer1
        Message 3 of 3 , Dec 6, 2009
          Thank you,