[nslu2-linux] screen terminal permission denied for certain keys

  • teetee
    Message 1 of 1 , Nov 3, 2009
      This is a SlugOS/BE build.

      If I log in as a normal user and run screen command to create a virtual
      terminal. Whenever I am in the terminal, pressing up/down/left/right key
      don't work. The left-bottom corner of the monitor screen always shows this
      following highlighted error message:

      : stuff: permission deniend (user <logged in username>)

      I had no problem using the up/down/right/left keys if I was root in the
      screen terminal created by root or if I su to root in the screen terminal
      created by the normal user.

      The only related post I found had something todo with /dev/pty* but my
      SlugOS doesn't have that. I did chmod 770 /etc/pts/* but the results was the
      same.

      Help anyone?