Re: [nslu2-linux] Help! Fresh install of SlugOS/BE 5.3 - can't ssh in!

  • Carl Steinhilber
    Message 1 of 4 , Oct 23, 2009
      If it's a clean install, don't you have to telnet in and install SSH?
      I think telnet is the only remoting module that gets installed "out of the box". Then you have to telnet in, and grab ssh from ipkg.
      Once it's installed, then you'll have access. And then you can disable telnet   ;-)

      Message 2 of 4 , Oct 23, 2009
        I tried telnet too :-(

        I have a night babysitting tomorrow though, so I'll have a bit more time to have a go at it.

        SSH, telnet, or whatever, it would just be on the standard port, wouldn't it?

        I also had a horrible though that I'm being totally stupid...I'm going to check when I get home that I wasn't trying to ssh into my wireless access point, or a mobile phone, or something. I'm 99% certain I wasn't, but the doubt is growing in my mind!

        Thanks,

        Leon

        --- In nslu2-linux@yahoogroups.com, Carl Steinhilber <carl_steinhilber@...> wrote:

        > If it's a clean install, don't you have to telnet in and install SSH?
        > I think telnet is the only remoting module that gets installed "out of the box". Then you have to telnet in, and grab ssh from ipkg.
        > Once it's installed, then you'll have access. And then you can disable telnet ;-)

      • fortunemunkey
        Message 3 of 4 , Oct 24, 2009
          Ok, so the unease about the 1% was valid, and I feel a fool now.

          I was trying to ssh into my wireless access point!

          I blame the terrible interface on my ADSL router.

          All up and running nicely now. My next project is to get esniper up and running with a nice web interface accessible over the net...