Debian Lenny IP Address Change

  • Mr Doug -
    Message 1 of 3 , Oct 12, 2009
      Can I just change the IP address values in /etc/network/interfaces, save, and reboot, to change my NSLU2 Debian Lenny static IP address?

      Of course I know I have to do this at the old address and then come up lookiing at the new address and/or network.

      Doug
    • Martin Michlmayr
      Message 2 of 3 , Oct 13, 2009
        * Mr Doug - <dsc3507@...> [2009-10-12 20:34]:
        > Can I just change the IP address values in /etc/network/interfaces,
        > save, and reboot, to change my NSLU2 Debian Lenny static IP
        > address?

        Yes.
        --
        Martin Michlmayr
        http://www.cyrius.com/
        Message 3 of 3 , Oct 13, 2009
          Martin Michlmayr <tbm@...> writes:

          > * Mr Doug - <dsc3507@...> [2009-10-12 20:34]:
          > > Can I just change the IP address values in /etc/network/interfaces,
          > > save, and reboot, to change my NSLU2 Debian Lenny static IP
          > > address?
          >
          > Yes.

          Don't you need to change /etc/hosts too if you want to avoid any odd
          consequences.