Re: [nslu2-linux] Re: 2GB limit

  • Mike Westerhof (mwester)
    Message 1 of 6 , Oct 11, 2009
      mick_nslu2 wrote:
      > --- In nslu2-linux@yahoogroups.com, "Mike Westerhof (mwester)" <mwester@...> wrote:
      >> mick_nslu2 wrote:
      >>> I've seen it mentioned on the wiki and came across it last night when I tried to move a 2.4GB file from my Topfield to my Slug. Same problem trying to move a larger than 2GB file from my PC to the Slug. Why is this happening? Is there a fix?
      >> You'll need to provide a bit more information. But in general, if
      >> it's Unslung you're probably out of luck.
      >
      > Hmm, I was hoping the Unslung firmware had caught up with modern kernels/fs capailities and the 2G file limit had been overcome. I use ftp on the Slug to connect to the Topfield via the second USB port. I will try to use puppy for this purpose and see if that also hungs up after the 2G limit has been reached.

      Unslung is just the Linkys firmware opened up -- so the kernel, by
      definition, is the same version provided by Linksys. So we really have
      no choice about fixing that limit with Unslung. SlugOS is the answer to
      that need.

      >> SlugOS should support large files like any other Linux system.
      >
      > Perhaps a future project of mine would be to upgrade to SlugOS.

      -Mike
    • Miguel M
      Message 2 of 6 , Oct 11, 2009
        I've got slugos 5.3 and can confirm that files larger than 2GB can be transfered/stored on the slug. I have two virtual machines backed up on there. One is 3.5 GB and the other is 4.8 GB.