Re: Cannot run BIND9 from branch /syno-e500/cross/unstable/ on Synology DS-409+

  • diazeeeee
    Message 1 of 5 , Sep 14, 2009
      --- In nslu2-linux@yahoogroups.com, "brian_zhou" <b88zhou@...> wrote:

      > Done. (new ipk to be in the feed soon)
      > http://trac.nslu2-linux.org/optware/changeset/10632
      >
      > OTOH, a better way to solve it would be asking Synology to fix their firmware to support epoll. Their firmware got recent enough kernel.
      >
      > -Brian

      Thank you Brian for being so quick. I now have a working DNS.

      I am going to watch out if there is a way to contact Synology about epoll support.

      Have a good week !

      Jeremy.
    • dbateman
      Message 2 of 5 , Oct 28, 2009
        brian_zhou wrote:

        > Done. (new ipk to be in the feed soon)
        > http://trac.nslu2-linux.org/optware/changeset/10632
        >
        > OTOH, a better way to solve it would be asking Synology to fix their
        > firmware to support epoll. Their firmware got recent enough kernel.
        >
        > -Brian

        I have the same problem on my DS209 using ipkg on the repository

        http://ipkg.nslu2-linux.org/feeds/optware/cs08q1armel/cross/unstable

        Any chance of disabling epoll for cs08q1armel as well?

        Cheers
        David

      • queNenni
        Message 3 of 5 , Feb 14, 2010

          --

          dbateman wrote:

          > I have the same problem on my DS209 using ipkg on the repository
          >
          > http://ipkg.nslu2-linux.org/feeds/optware/cs08q1armel/cross/unstable
          >
          > Any chance of disabling epoll for cs08q1armel as well?

          The same here on my DS209.

          ipkg status:
          Package: bind
          Version: 9.6.1.3-1
          Depends: openssl
          Architecture: arm

          Can I hope to see a patch for this problem?

          Or can I use the patch from Brian for the DS409 to patch my bind? Will it
          work?

          Thanks
          Kenny