Re: [nslu2-linux] Slug Capabilities

  • John
    Message 1 of 5 , Sep 8, 2009
      On Tue, Sep 08, 2009 at 05:51:07PM -0000, assimacos wrote:
      > I am especially concerned about memory. Sometimes rtorrent
      >terminates unexpectedly and I suspect memory outage.

      I've had that happen. The kernel kills processes when it runs
      out of ram+swap. Fortunately, the solution is easy: add more swap.
    • smodge123
      Message 2 of 5 , Sep 9, 2009
        I run Debian (lenny) on mine and have samba and vsftpd running in the background. I schedule rtorrent nightly with screen and terminate it in the morning but it runs rock solid with no drop outs. On top of this I use fuppes as my media streamer for use with my Xbox 360 and keep the daemon going all the time. All in all the slug handles things quite well. I noticed a pick up in rtorrent performance when I "overclocked" it to 266 Mhz and about the only time the slug gets a little bogged down is when I try to shuffle through a video on the 360 while rtorrent is thrashing the disk. I tried mediatomb but it didn't suit my needs. I can't comment on running an IMAP server but can't imagine this would be too heavy. Hope this helps and good luck!