Re: [nslu2-linux] Editing resolv.conf

  • Mike Westerhof (mwester)
    Message 1 of 8 , Aug 31, 2009
      Victor Hadianto wrote:
      >> At least for Debian, if resolv.conf is installed, /etc/resolv.conf is
      >> just a symbolic link, and to have your own you just need to replace
      >> the link with a proper file.
      >>
      >> Otherwise, if resolv.conf is really overwritten by dhclient, you
      >> should add an entry like:
      >>
      >> supersede domain-name-servers <dns1-ip>, <dns2-ip>;
      >>
      >> into you /etc/dhclient.conf file.
      >
      > This file does not exist on my nslu. I'm using Unslung by the way,
      > what's the equivalent of this file in Unslung?

      Unslung is the Linksys firmware, opened up. It is not very compatible
      with any standard Linux system, I'm afraid. You'll have to set your
      Unslung system to boot with a fixed IP, then you can enter the DNS
      servers that you wish.

      There may be a way to do this with diversion scripts, but I rather
      suspect the Linksys code will simply overwrite your changes each time it
      renews the DHCP lease. Just go the easy way; use a static IP on Unslung.

      Mike (mwester)