Re: [nslu2-linux] SheevaPlug

  • LrdShaper
    Message 1 of 30 , Aug 22, 2009
      starnamer-2 wrote:

      > Is there a blog? Group list?

      There's a forum for it on http://plugcomputer.org/plugforum/index.php and
      can already run a number of Linux distros. Martin Michlmayr has posted a
      simple how-to to manually install Debian on the SheevaPlug here
      http://www.cyrius.com/debian/kirkwood/sheevaplug/ and a fast growing wiki
      also exists here http://plugcomputer.org/plugwiki/index.php/Main_Page

      Brian also posted in the forum on how to go about using Optware on the plug
      http://plugcomputer.org/plugforum/index.php?topic=74.0

      Cheers!
    • Gregg C Levine
      Message 2 of 30 , Aug 23, 2009
        Hello!
        I agree.
        It happens that the industrious people at the Slackware family of sites have
        successfully ported that distribution over to this particular platform. This
        therefore concludes my efforts to be porting Slackware to the NSLU2, but at
        some point I will be obtaining one of the units, probably also a developer's
        platform.....

        I'll probably continue to be here so as to provide advice and everything
        else.
        --
        Gregg C Levine hansolofalcon@...

        Behalf
        > Of LrdShaper
        > Sent: Sunday, August 23, 2009 12:47 AM
        > To: nslu2-linux@yahoogroups.com
        > Subject: Re: [nslu2-linux] SheevaPlug
        >

        > starnamer-2 wrote:
        > >
        > > Is there a blog? Group list?
        > >

        > There's a forum for it on http://plugcomputer.org/plugforum/index.php and
        > can already run a number of Linux distros. Martin Michlmayr has posted a
        > simple how-to to manually install Debian on the SheevaPlug here
        > http://www.cyrius.com/debian/kirkwood/sheevaplug/ and a fast growing wiki
        > also exists here http://plugcomputer.org/plugwiki/index.php/Main_Page
        >
        > Brian also posted in the forum on how to go about using Optware on the
        plug
        > http://plugcomputer.org/plugforum/index.php?topic=74.0
        >
        > Cheers!
        > --
      • slackline
        Message 3 of 30 , Aug 24, 2009
          --- In nslu2-linux@yahoogroups.com, "Gregg C Levine" <hansolofalcon@...> wrote:

          > Hello!
          > I agree.
          > It happens that the industrious people at the Slackware family of sites have
          > successfully ported that distribution over to this particular platform.

          HowTo and discussions on installing Gentoo on the SheevaPlug in the forums at http://forums.gentoo.org/viewtopic-t-749438.html
        • David Given