/etc/hosts overwritten on reboot

  • starnamer
    Message 1 of 1 , Aug 15, 2009
      I'm running Unslung 6.10 and have CUPS set up so I can print to my home printer from remote locations. This requires that the NSLU2 have my external DNS name in its /etc/hosts files as one of its names as otherwise it rejects the connection.

      Unfortunately, /etc/hosts seems to be overwritten on a reboot, losing my changes.

      Is there a 'master' copy which I should change? I've found the file /initrd/etc/hosts, but am not sure whether this also gets rewritten from somewhere else.

      Thanks

      Derek

      [... who is moving towards the idea that installing Debian/NSLU2 would be easier to manage! :-) ]