Re: Pen drive failure

  • david90210david
    Message 1 of 7 , Aug 5, 2009
      After I got my NSLU2 working just right, I shut it down, pulled the pen drive out, and plugged it into my lappy (an ASUS eee PC). I plugged in another, identical pen drive and, after making *absolutely* sure that I knew which one was which in the /dev directory, I typed

      dd if=/dev/sdd of=/dev/sde bs-1024k

      This made an exact duplicate of the pen drive in short order. Plugging either one into the slug allows it to boot just fine.

      WARNING! If you get the "if" and "of" parameters reversed, you will wind up with TWO BLANK PEN DRIVES instead of two copies of the good one! If you are lucky enough to be copying from a pen drive that has a write-protect switch, use it!

      David