Debian update broke vsftp

  • Mario Ruprecht
    Message 1 of 1 , Aug 5, 2009

      Hi there,

      maybe this is offtopic to this list but I updated my Debian Lenny on my NSLUS with some common updates (incl. new kernel) which were delivered by aptitude. No issues, smooth installation.

      But (there’s always a but ;-)) now my vsftpd 2.0.7 has issues with its virtual users setup. I can’t login any longer as it doesn’t find the home directory:

      500 OOPS: cannot change directory:/nonexistent

      There was no change to vsftpd itself, the same setup runs for more than a year w/o any issues. Only a couple of libs were updated yesterday.

      Any help is highly appreciated, also if you have a better place to ask my question.

      Thanks, Mario--
      http://www.knecht-ruprecht.info