RE: [nslu2-linux] Re: Logitech Webcam files

  • Nick W
    Message 1 of 4 , Aug 4, 2009
      I tried to get a webcam onto the Slug, but each way I tried, it required X to be installed.  I don't really have enough space to install an X-server.

      If you do manage to get your webcam running, I think it'd be really useful to have the process explained on the Wiki.  Sadly I chickened out from using SlugOS, and went for Debian (familiar territory)...

      Cheers,

      N.

      --

      Nick Walton

      "Reality TV?  Well, if being trapped in a Tropical Swamp with Anthony Worrell Thompson and Christine Hamilton is Reality, then I say pass the mind-altering drugs."
      - Humphrey Lyttleton, ISIHAC 20030623

      To: nslu2-linux@yahoogroups.com
      From: bcbob43@...
      Date: Mon, 3 Aug 2009 01:16:01 +0000
      Subject: [nslu2-linux] Re: Logitech Webcam files

      --- In nslu2-linux@ yahoogroups. com, "lomawalker" <bcbob43@... > wrote:

      > I am trying to get a webcam working with an NSLU2. Does anyone have a link for these drivers?
      > pwc.o
      > videodev.o

      For others who may have this problem, it turns out these are installed by issuing the command

      ipkg install kernel-module- pwc

      Then you need to do the following:
      insmod videodev.o
      insmod pwc.o

      I am not sure whether you have to do the insmod's after every boot.

      Windows Live Messenger: Celebrate 10 amazing years with free winks and emoticons. Get Them Now
    • bcbob43
      Message 2 of 4 , Aug 10, 2009
        bcbob43 wrote:

        > --- In nslu2-linux@yahoogroups.com, "lomawalker" <bcbob43@...> wrote:
        >>
        >> I am trying to get a webcam working with an NSLU2. Does anyone have a
        >> link for these drivers?
        >> pwc.o
        >> videodev.o
        >>

        > For others who may have this problem, it turns out these are installed by
        > issuing the command
        >
        > ipkg install kernel-module-pwc

        If you can't do the ipkg, here are the files:
        http://www.nabble.com/file/p24903939/SlugWebcamFiles.zip SlugWebcamFiles.zip