Re: Logitech Webcam files

  • lomawalker
    Message 1 of 4 , Aug 2, 2009
      --- In nslu2-linux@yahoogroups.com, "lomawalker" <bcbob43@...> wrote:

      > I am trying to get a webcam working with an NSLU2. Does anyone have a link for these drivers?
      > pwc.o
      > videodev.o

      For others who may have this problem, it turns out these are installed by issuing the command

      ipkg install kernel-module-pwc

      Then you need to do the following:
      insmod videodev.o
      insmod pwc.o

      I am not sure whether you have to do the insmod's after every boot.
    • Nick W
      Message 2 of 4 , Aug 4, 2009
        I tried to get a webcam onto the Slug, but each way I tried, it required X to be installed.  I don't really have enough space to install an X-server.

        If you do manage to get your webcam running, I think it'd be really useful to have the process explained on the Wiki.  Sadly I chickened out from using SlugOS, and went for Debian (familiar territory)...

        Cheers,

        N.

        --

        Nick Walton

        "Reality TV?  Well, if being trapped in a Tropical Swamp with Anthony Worrell Thompson and Christine Hamilton is Reality, then I say pass the mind-altering drugs."
        - Humphrey Lyttleton, ISIHAC 20030623

        To: nslu2-linux@yahoogroups.com
        From: bcbob43@...
        Date: Mon, 3 Aug 2009 01:16:01 +0000
        Subject: [nslu2-linux] Re: Logitech Webcam files

        --- In nslu2-linux@ yahoogroups. com, "lomawalker" <bcbob43@... > wrote:

        > I am trying to get a webcam working with an NSLU2. Does anyone have a link for these drivers?
        > pwc.o
        > videodev.o

        For others who may have this problem, it turns out these are installed by issuing the command

        ipkg install kernel-module- pwc

        Then you need to do the following:
        insmod videodev.o
        insmod pwc.o

        I am not sure whether you have to do the insmod's after every boot.

        Windows Live Messenger: Celebrate 10 amazing years with free winks and emoticons. Get Them Now
      • bcbob43
        Message 3 of 4 , Aug 10, 2009
          bcbob43 wrote:

          > --- In nslu2-linux@yahoogroups.com, "lomawalker" <bcbob43@...> wrote:
          >>
          >> I am trying to get a webcam working with an NSLU2. Does anyone have a
          >> link for these drivers?
          >> pwc.o
          >> videodev.o
          >>

          > For others who may have this problem, it turns out these are installed by
          > issuing the command
          >
          > ipkg install kernel-module-pwc

          If you can't do the ipkg, here are the files:
          http://www.nabble.com/file/p24903939/SlugWebcamFiles.zip SlugWebcamFiles.zip