Re: [nslu2-linux] recovering from bad flash

  • Mathis Rosenhauer
    Message 1 of 3 , Aug 1, 2009
      opt12001 wrote:

      > I tried to flash from Debian to openwrt and after the flash, the NLSU2
      > tried to boot (I saw on my DHCP server it retrieved an IP address but
      > remained not pingable. After all led blinked one after the other, only
      > the Ethernet LED remains lighted.

      Openwrt has 192.168.1.1 as its initial IP address. Usually this is what
      your router has so you maybe have to change your router's address
      temporally or connect directly to the slug with a crossover cable to
      change the slug's IP.

      Cheers,
      Mathis
    • opt12001
      Message 2 of 3 , Aug 1, 2009
        Thanks,
        It seems it is not the problem. I really thought the NLSU2 was bricked because upslug2 systematically failed afterwards but I eventually succeeded in reflashing unslung using redboot+tftp. Then tried again with openwrt kamikaze 8.09.1 using upslug2. I tried the unplug my router from the switch but IP addressing does not seem to be the problem (moreover there is a DHCP server).
        Any other suggestion ?