Re: Which USB ISDN adapter works with Debain on NSLU2

  • Christopher Arndt
    Message 1 of 3 , Jul 28, 2009
      Hi Rudolf,

      thanks for your answer.

      reuter.rudolf schrieb:
      > it may be easier to use a i386 platform PC.
      > I bought an Asus 900A netbook (Atom CPU) for 200 EUR.
      > It has 1 GB RAM, 8 GB SSD and a 9" LCD (1024x600 px)
      > The power consumption with a dark display is in idle 13-14 W.
      > I use Ubuntu 0904 on a 8 GB SD-Card with a web server application (Typo3).

      I'm thinking about alternatives too, but I want a server that is
      absolutely silent. Also I already have the NSLU2 (it already serves as
      my local DNS/DHCP and fileserver) and it would be a shame to ditch it. I
      haven't found a device yet that equals its low demands for size and
      power consumption, its low (=0) noise level and great versatility,
      especially at this price (you can get a used NSLU2 for ~40 EUR
      nowadays). There is the so-called "NSLU2 killer", the Sheeva Plug [1]
      but it also has an ARM CPU.

      Or maybe I should get a separate box just for the answering machine and
      the fax. Any suggestions for this? Something like a Fritzbox? I'm not
      really sure what these are capable of, but with my present setup, I'm
      able to receive answering machine and fax messages for several ISDN
      numbers as emails to different user accounts and I'd like to keep this
      capability.

      Chris

      [1] http://www.cyrius.com/journal/debian/kirkwood/sheevaplug/nslu2-killer