slugOSBE - UShare

  • mig mac
    Message 1 of 3 , Jul 27, 2009
      Has anyone had any success installing/configuring UShare on slugOSBE 5.3?
      I issued the opkg install ushare
      However when I attempt to start ushare I get the following:
      /etc/init.d/ushare: .: line 30: can't open /lib/lsb/init-functions

      It seems lsb-base is not installed nor was I able to find it in the opkg repositories.
      Anyone have any ideas?

      --
      Against logic there is no armor like ignorance.
      - Laurence J. Peter
      Message 2 of 3 , Jul 28, 2009
        > Has anyone had any success installing/configuring UShare on slugOSBE 5.3?
        > I issued the opkg install ushare
        > However when I attempt to start ushare I get the following:
        > /etc/init.d/ushare: .: line 30: can't open /lib/lsb/init-functions
        >
        > It seems lsb-base is not installed nor was I able to find it in the opkg
        > repositories.
        > Anyone have any ideas?

        Wow - looks like this has been broken for a long time, and not just for
        SlugOS -- for a lot of embedded distros.

        As a workaround, just edit the /etc/init.d/ushare script to remove the
        references to /lib/lsb/init-functions (at a minimum). You may have to
        tweak the start-stop-server lines as well, and the logging lines should
        just be "echo" statements.

        It turns out that lsb-base is not part of the Openembedded framework
        (which we use to build SlugOS); instead we'll have to write our own
        specific startup script.

        Mike (mwester)
      • M M
        Message 3 of 3 , Jul 28, 2009
          --- In nslu2-linux@yahoogroups.com, "Mike Westerhof (mwester)" <mwester@...> wrote:

          > > Has anyone had any success installing/configuring UShare on slugOSBE 5.3?
          > > I issued the opkg install ushare
          > > However when I attempt to start ushare I get the following:
          > > /etc/init.d/ushare: .: line 30: can't open /lib/lsb/init-functions
          > >
          > > It seems lsb-base is not installed nor was I able to find it in the opkg
          > > repositories.
          > > Anyone have any ideas?
          >
          > Wow - looks like this has been broken for a long time, and not just for
          > SlugOS -- for a lot of embedded distros.
          >
          > As a workaround, just edit the /etc/init.d/ushare script to remove the
          > references to /lib/lsb/init-functions (at a minimum). You may have to
          > tweak the start-stop-server lines as well, and the logging lines should
          > just be "echo" statements.
          >
          > It turns out that lsb-base is not part of the Openembedded framework
          > (which we use to build SlugOS); instead we'll have to write our own
          > specific startup script.
          >
          > Mike (mwester)

          Thanks Mike.
          I replaced the init-functions(log_daemon_msg,log_end_msg, log_success_msg) with echo and there didn't seem to be a need to modify any of the start-stop-server lines.

          Miguel