SlugOS/BE: How may I convince the nfs-server to use wsize>8192???

  • gasmann01
    Message 1 of 1 , Jul 23, 2009
      Hello,

      There's a problem that's been bugging me since 3.10 (earlier versions I didn't try). I'm now using the SlugOS/BE 5.3 binary and installed the nfs server according to this guide: http://www.nslu2-linux.org/wiki/OpenSlug/InstallNFS.

      It so far works, but regardless of what I set in my client, it won't allow for wsize of more than 8192, which is a HUGE problem for me, because my client only has a 10 MBit network interface and nfs is about 1 MBit/s faster with a wsize of 32768 (yes, I tried that with my PC as server; setting with that at first only 8192 in the client I got about the same performance as with the NSL, but going to 32768 gave me one more MBit of write performance, which I heavily need!). This also proofs that it's the server's fault, because the same client works with wsize=32768 with my PC...

      How can this awful limit be exceeded?

      Best regards,
      Thomas