Strange lines in samba log

  • Guðlaugur Jóhannesson
    Message 1 of 1 , Jul 19, 2009
      I am trying to back up my windows machine to the slug using samba. While
      doing so the log fills up with entries similar to:

      set_dos_mode: client has asked to set FILE_ATTRIBUTE_OFFLINE to
      (null)/storeBackup/backup/nc4010_root/2009.07.19_10.42.41/WINDOWS/system32/joy.cpl.bz2
      but there was an error while setting it or it is not supported

      The strange part is the (null) in front of the path. If everything was in
      order, I would expect /mnt/backup instead. Searching for this error on google
      did not turn up anything and I was hoping someone here had some insight.

      The slug is recently set up using slugosBE 5.3

      Here is the relevant part of the smb.conf, most of which I got from the WIKI
      [global]
      workgroup = WORKGROUP
      server string = %h Server
      interfaces = 192.168.1.50/24, ixp0, lo
      os level = 8
      security = shared
      map to guest = Bad Password
      null passwords = Yes
      ;guest account = guest
      log file = /var/samba/log/log.%m
      lock directory = /var/samba/lock
      max log size = 2
      name resolve order = wins bcast
      socket options = SO_SNDBUF=8192 SO_RCVBUF=8192
      load printers = No
      dns proxy = No
      ldap ssl = no
      preferred master = yes