Upgrade error lighttpd - libstdc++

  • b_lindahl
    Message 1 of 4 , Jul 12, 2009
      After running
      ipkg-opt upgrade
      on my system, lighttpd won't start since it need libstdc++ version 5 but only version 6.0.8-6 is installed after upgrade. The feed lists both version 5.0.7-6 and 6.0.8-6 of libstdc++. Could someone tell me how I specify to install 5.0.7-6 instead of the latest version? (or both I guess would be a more correct solution)

      Also, when running ipkg-opt install or other commands, I get loads of errors like this:
      update-alternatives: Error: cannot register alternative vdir to /opt/bin/vdir since it is already registered to /usr/bin/vdir

      Could someone tell me how to fix this it would be great.

      Regards
      Björn
    • Brian Zhou
      Message 2 of 4 , Jul 12, 2009
        What firmware are you using?
        And what optware feed have you setup?

        Regarding the update-alternative error, there's some problem in optware slugos5{be,le} feed that it does not explicitly use /opt/bin/update-alternatives. For now, set PATH to have /opt/bin in the front of the PATH for the shell you use /opt/bin/ipkg.

        -Brian

        --- In nslu2-linux@yahoogroups.com, "b_lindahl" <b.lindahl@...> wrote:

        > After running
        > ipkg-opt upgrade
        > on my system, lighttpd won't start since it need libstdc++ version 5 but
        > only version 6.0.8-6 is installed after upgrade. The feed lists both
        > version 5.0.7-6 and 6.0.8-6 of libstdc++. Could someone tell me how I
        > specify to install 5.0.7-6 instead of the latest version? (or both I
        > guess would be a more correct solution)
        >
        > Also, when running ipkg-opt install or other commands, I get loads of
        > errors like this:
        > update-alternatives: Error: cannot register alternative vdir to
        > /opt/bin/vdir since it is already registered to /usr/bin/vdir
        >
        > Could someone tell me how to fix this it would be great.
        >
        > Regards
        > Björn

      • Björn Lindahl
        Message 3 of 4 , Jul 13, 2009
          >What firmware are you using?
          I'm running slugos but not sure if it's BE or LE. How do I tell which one I'm running and which version it is I'm running?

          >And what optware feed have you setup?
          The content in /opt/etc/ipkg.conf is
          src/gz optware http://ipkg.nslu2-linux.org/feeds/optware/slugosbe/cross/unstable
          src/gz optware-nslu2 http://ipkg.nslu2-linux.org/feeds/optware/nslu2/cross/unstable
          dest /opt/ /

          /etc/ipkg.conf doesn't contain any lines with
          src ...

          but content of the conf-files in /etc/ipkg/ is:
          # more /etc/ipkg/cross-feed.conf
          src/gz cross http://ipkg.nslu2-linux.org/feeds/slugos-bag/cross/3.10-beta

          # more /etc/ipkg/native-feed.conf
          src/gz native http://ipkg.nslu2-linux.org/feeds/slugos-bag/native/3.10-beta

          So I guess I'm running slugOS 3.10 beta. Hmm..maybe it's time for an update of slugOS which might get rid of my problems.

          Regards
          Björn

          On Mon, Jul 13, 2009 at 04:25, Brian Zhou <b88zhou@...> wrote:

          What firmware are you using?
          And what optware feed have you setup?

          Regarding the update-alternative error, there's some problem in optware slugos5{be,le} feed that it does not explicitly use /opt/bin/update-alternatives. For now, set PATH to have /opt/bin in the front of the PATH for the shell you use /opt/bin/ipkg.

          -Brian

          --- In nslu2-linux@yahoogroups.com, "b_lindahl" <b.lindahl@...> wrote:

          > After running
          > ipkg-opt upgrade
          > on my system, lighttpd won't start since it need libstdc++ version 5 but
          > only version 6.0.8-6 is installed after upgrade. The feed lists both
          > version 5.0.7-6 and 6.0.8-6 of libstdc++. Could someone tell me how I
          > specify to install 5.0.7-6 instead of the latest version? (or both I
          > guess would be a more correct solution)
          >
          > Also, when running ipkg-opt install or other commands, I get loads of
          > errors like this:
          > update-alternatives: Error: cannot register alternative vdir to
          > /opt/bin/vdir since it is already registered to /usr/bin/vdir
          >
          > Could someone tell me how to fix this it would be great.
          >
          > Regards
          > Björn

        • b_lindahl
          Message 4 of 4 , Jul 13, 2009