Re: [nslu2-linux] Adding Wifi to my Slug

  • Scott Ruckh
    Message 1 of 2 , Jun 16, 2009
      This is what you said Charles Lindsey
      > What options are available to me (I use SlugosBE)? I note that Wiki page
      > http://www.nslu2-linux.org/wiki/Peripherals/WirelessNetworkAdapter is abit out
      > of date, given especially recent developments at
      > http://rt2x00.serialmonkey.com regarding the drivers for the Ralink chipsets,
      > for which Slugos 4.* is probably not good enough.

      I have two netgear access points. One (in bridged mode) plugged into a
      netgear switch (the slug is plugged into this same switch) and another one (in
      gateway mode) plugged in to a netgear switch (the cable modem is also plugged
      into this switch).

      I am connecting two ethernet switches via a wireless-bridged connection.

      This is not necessarily what you are talking about, but this is how I added
      wireless networking to my slug.