Re: [nslu2-linux] Power up for the slug NSLU2

  • Charles Lindsey
    Message 1 of 4 , Jun 15, 2009
      --- In nslu2-linux@yahoogroups.com, eric lavillonniere <lavileric@...> wrote:

      > There are several solutions :
      >
      > http://www.nslu2-linux.org/wiki/HowTo/ForcePowerAlwaysOn
      >
      > I have choosen alternative 9. The drawback is that if shut down time is
      > too short it does not work.

      There are lots of alternatives on that page. But Alternative 11 seems the best from an engineering POV. It retains all the protections already provided on-board, one can see exactly how it is trying to work, and it seems to be OK for very short power outages, brownouts, or other blips.

      For the application I have in mind, I need something that will sit there 24/7 and recover itself from anything the electricity supply might throw at it. Other opinions on this ?