Re: [nslu2-linux] NSLU2 Debian install failure

  • Martin Michlmayr
    Message 1 of 3 , Jun 1, 2009
      * Mr Doug - <dsc3507@...> [2009-05-26 21:57]:
      > I am installing in "low memory" mode.

      This is normal. The NSLU2 only has 32 MB of RAM, so it always runs in
      "low memory" mode.

      > May 27 04:25:45 in-target: After this operation, 111kB of additional disk space will be used.
      > May 27 04:25:45 in-target: WARNING: The following packages cannot be authenticated!
      > May 27 04:25:45 in-target: installation-report
      > May 27 04:25:45 in-target: E:
      > May 27 04:25:45 in-target: There are problems and -y was used without --force-yes

      It's failing to download packages because they cannot be
      authenticated. The archive key got changes a few days ago, maybe you
      got hit by that.

      I just performed a successful installation with the 5.0.1 images from
      slug-firmware.net. Are you using those?
      --
      Martin Michlmayr
      http://www.cyrius.com/
      Message 2 of 3 , Jun 3, 2009
        Thanks for the reply Martin. I had sent a response to nslu2-general and not here so you probably did not see it. I got it going fine. Now all I need it fuse and owfs for Debian arm. They tell me it is coming. My original response....

        Ok replying to my own post to give an update.

        Another thread I saw with this problem talked about trying 13 times to finally get it installed, so I thought that I had better be patient. Patience payed off, on about the 6th try it successfully installed. I did nothing different, so not sure what it was. Perhaps it is a network or Debian fileserver issue. This is not specifically seen in the log though. Maybe someone can explain it.

        So working fine now.  For anyone that is having this problem I would recommend going through the install many times before giving up.

        Doug