Bftpd file server

  • Jesse Smith
    Message 1 of 2 , May 24, 2009
      To whom it may concern,

      I noticed that the NSLU2 project includes a link to bftpd, a project which I maintain. I'm very glad for the interest in bftpd and I judge, from the feed-back I've received from USLU2 enthusists, that bftpd works well on the system.

      I'm writing for two reasons, the first is to let you know bftpd-2.3 is availible for download from here: http://bftpd.sourceforge.net/download.html
      Your website points to the previous stable version 2.2.

      Also, I'm curious as to whether your community has created any patches for bftpd. If so, I'd like to include those patches in the next release of the bftpd server.

      Thank you for your time,
      Jesse Smith
      bftpd Project Lead

      http://ca.toolbar.yahoo.com
    • Sam
      Message 2 of 2 , May 24, 2009
        bftpd was upgraded to 2.3 in the optware feeds by Brian Zhou back in October 2008.

        You can see the make file for bftp at http://svn.nslu2-linux.org/svnroot/optware/trunk/make/bftpd.mk

        Presumably you are refferring to the wiki?

        From what i can see, there are no real modifications to bftp itself (nothing in the sources folders which would be patches and extra files), so anything is done in the make file itself. Most likely minor tweaks/changes for it to be built and installed on the optware platform

        Thanks

        Sam Reed