MiniDLNA on Unslung 6.10: Media directory not accessible

  • emtisoft
    Message 1 of 4 , May 14, 2009
      Hi all,

      on my NSLU2 with Unslung beta 6.10 I installed the MiniDLNA package
      (cvs20090413-1) to have a DLNA-server for my Sony Bravia KDL-40W5500
      LCD-TV.

      My /opt/etc/minidlna.conf looks like this:

      port=8200
      media_dir=V,/share/flash/data/hdd/mpeg2
      media_dir=A,/share/flash/data/hdd1/MP3s
      media_dir=P,/share/flash/data/hdd1/DigiCam
      friendly_name=NSLU2 DLNA Server
      album_art_names=Cover.jpg/cover.jpg/AlbumArtSmall.jpg
      /albumartsmall.jpg/AlbumArt.jpg/albumart.jpg/Album.jpg/album.jpg
      /Folder.jpg/folder.jpg/Thumb.jpg/thumb.jpg
      inotify=no
      enable_tivo=no
      presentation_url="http://192.168.178.31:8888/index.php"
      system_uptime=no
      notify_interval=900
      serial=12345678
      model_number=1

      When starting minidlna, I get the following error message (one for
      each media_dir):
      Media directory not accessible! [(null)]
      Media directory not accessible! [(null)]
      Media directory not accessible! [(null)]

      The DLNA-server is found correctly on my TV, but no media content is
      browseable at all.

      Does anybody have any ideas what could cause minidlna not being able
      to access the media dirs?
      I also tried media_dir=/ or media_dir=/unslung, it gives me the same
      error...

      Many thanks for your help in advance!

      Regards,
      Martin
    • dannyboy1121x
      Message 2 of 4 , May 15, 2009
        What are the permissions on the directories in question? :)

        --- In nslu2-linux@yahoogroups.com, "emtisoft" <martintittel@...> wrote:

        > Hi all,
        >
        > on my NSLU2 with Unslung beta 6.10 I installed the MiniDLNA package
        > (cvs20090413-1) to have a DLNA-server for my Sony Bravia KDL-40W5500
        > LCD-TV.
        >
        > My /opt/etc/minidlna.conf looks like this:
        >
        > port=8200
        > media_dir=V,/share/flash/data/hdd/mpeg2
        > media_dir=A,/share/flash/data/hdd1/MP3s
        > media_dir=P,/share/flash/data/hdd1/DigiCam
        > friendly_name=NSLU2 DLNA Server
        > album_art_names=Cover.jpg/cover.jpg/AlbumArtSmall.jpg
        > /albumartsmall.jpg/AlbumArt.jpg/albumart.jpg/Album.jpg/album.jpg
        > /Folder.jpg/folder.jpg/Thumb.jpg/thumb.jpg
        > inotify=no
        > enable_tivo=no
        > presentation_url="http://192.168.178.31:8888/index.php"
        > system_uptime=no
        > notify_interval=900
        > serial=12345678
        > model_number=1
        >
        > When starting minidlna, I get the following error message (one for
        > each media_dir):
        > Media directory not accessible! [(null)]
        > Media directory not accessible! [(null)]
        > Media directory not accessible! [(null)]
        >
        > The DLNA-server is found correctly on my TV, but no media content is
        > browseable at all.
        >
        > Does anybody have any ideas what could cause minidlna not being able
        > to access the media dirs?
        > I also tried media_dir=/ or media_dir=/unslung, it gives me the same
        > error...
        >
        > Many thanks for your help in advance!
        >
        > Regards,
        > Martin

      • emtisoft
        Message 3 of 4 , May 15, 2009
          --- In nslu2-linux@yahoogroups.com, "dannyboy1121x" <dan_cc_keating@...> wrote:

          > What are the permissions on the directories in question? :)

          I am starting minidlna from a root shell, the directories belong to a user "name" and group "everyone".

          The permissions were 770, I changed them to 777.
          Same errors as before...

          Regards,
          Martin
        • t3td86