[ddrescue] To the rescue... of your disks ;-)

  • hacketiwack
    Message 1 of 3 , May 9 3:25 AM
    • 1 Attachment
    • 8 KB
    Hi everyone,
    I just made a makefile for the ddrescue utility (not to confuse with
    dd_rescue).
    I did my tests with the syno207+ NAS and used it successfully to
    backup an faulty hdd. I did this through USB. It tooks a very long
    time, but I was able to make an image of my disk and then mounted it
    under my favourite Linux distribution.
    Then I retrieved my important files.

    Can anyone put this makefile in the subversion repository.

    Thanks

    Alain
    Message 2 of 3 , May 9 5:51 PM
      hacketiwack wrote:
      > I just made a makefile for the ddrescue utility (not to confuse with
      > dd_rescue).
      > Can anyone put this makefile in the subversion repository.

      We'd be very happy for you to gain subversion commit rights and then put
      it there and maintain it into the future. If you are interested, Brian
      Zhou will contact you to arrange this.

      -- Rod
    • hacketiwack
      Message 3 of 3 , May 10 2:17 AM