[nslu2-linux] how to share folder?

  • dwl99
    Message 1 of 3 , Apr 5, 2009
      my nslu2 is unslung to disk 1 (optware) and my music collection is on disk 2.
      I can access all files & folders via Windows but when I try to play music
      via my internet radio or Pinnacle Soundbridge I cannot access any of the
      music. I used Windows Media Player 11 as a upnp server then changed to
      Firefly but still with no success. I suspect that I need to access the slug
      via ssh and do something to explicitly share the music folder. I'm a bit of
      a Linux noob - can anyone advise me what to do?

      Thanks a lot!
    • Tony Mann
      Message 2 of 3 , Apr 13, 2009

        All I have done is to map a drive (say, drive N: ) in Windows explorer to the share path on the NSLU2 e.g.:-

        “\\NSLU2\HDD_1_1_1”

        Then tell your server software that the library is on drive N:

        I don’t think I had to do anything explicitly to create the HDD_1_1_1 share on the Slug – but it was a long time ago.

        Tony

        Message 3 of 3 , Apr 18, 2009
          dwl99 wrote:

          > my nslu2 is unslung to disk 1 (optware) and my music collection is on disk
          > 2. I can access all files & folders via Windows but when I try to play
          > music via my internet radio or Pinnacle Soundbridge I cannot access any of
          > the music. I used Windows Media Player 11 as a upnp server then changed to
          > Firefly but still with no success. I suspect that I need to access the
          > slug via ssh and do something to explicitly share the music folder. I'm a
          > bit of a Linux noob - can anyone advise me what to do?
          >
          > Thanks a lot!

          Thanks, I had already done that but it still shows no files. Anyone want to
          buy a low-mileage slug?