Re:Trying to run .jar files from i386 on unslung

  • David Powell
    Message 1 of 2 , Apr 3, 2009
      When executing programs directly from a JAR file, the environment classpath is ignored.  The classpath has to be in the JAR's manifest file. There should be a line in there like:

      Class-Path: dir1 dir2 otherjar.jar somefile.zip

      Note that the entries are separated by a single space.  There's a line length maximum too, somewhere around 70 or so characters.  If your classpath is longer than that, resume it indented on the next line.

      This was one of the hardest things to figure out the first time I ran into it.

      David
      --
      .