Re: [nslu2-linux] Torrentflux

  • Fernando Carolo
    Message 1 of 4 , Apr 1, 2009
      Hi, Jorge,

      On Wed, Apr 1, 2009 at 12:09 AM, Jorge Ruiz <jorgeree@...> wrote:
      > Hi, I've used Torrentflux on unslung for about 3 months and I can tell you
      > that is as fast as utorrent in my windows box, but it fails reporting
      > download speed. Example: downloading a 700 mgb file is reported to be
      > downloaded in 5 days and is usually downloaded in less than a day, very
      > often in no more than 8 hours!

      What firmware are you using? There were some reports of wrong speeds
      reported by TorrentFlux on Unslung 6.x at the TF Forum:
      http://www.torrentflux.com/forum/index.php/topic,3870.msg21379.html#msg21379.
      They seem to be related to Unslung only, as I cannot reproduce this
      problem under SlugOS. Unfortunately, I am unable to diagnose the exact
      problem, that may be related to the way the underlying BitTornado
      client provided with TF calculates the actual upload and download
      speeds, therefore I am not able to provide a fix for it.

      > Is a very good bittorrent client if you download no more than 3 torrents
      > simultaneously. The other fault is that seeding more than one torrent at a
      > time can consume almost all your internet bandwidth. I think that's
      > something you may fix by changing the control settings.

      I usually don't download more that three torrents, too. In this case,
      the main problem is the lack of available RAM in the slug. With only
      32MB, two or three simultaneous torrents is all an NSLU2 can handle.

      Regards,

      --
      Fernando Carolo
      "Ignore the noise. Make some signal" -- Nathan Torkington
      Message 2 of 4 , Apr 2, 2009
        HI, thanks for your comments. I'm using TorrentFlux on Unslung 6.10.
        I'm ok using TorrentFlux even though it doesn't report the download speed accurately mainly because it's fast in terms of a device with 32 mb in ram.
        I use it when I want to download something quick. When I'm not in a hurry I use enhanced-ctorrent with CTCS with the default settings .
        It's slow and not all the trackers want to  play with it but it is sturdy and most of the times it can handle four or five torrents, downloading or seeding at the same time. It reports speed acurately on Unslung 6.10. and doesn't clogg my internet conexion.
        Regards.

        ¡Obtén la mejor experiencia en la web!
        Descarga gratis el nuevo Internet Explorer 8.br> http://downloads.yahoo.com/ieak8/?l=mx