Re: SlugOS naming convention (documentation in general)

  • reuter.rudolf
    Message 1 of 5 , Mar 5 11:33 PM

      > dystopianrebel wrote:
      > > One of the things I'm sure new users find confusing about SlugOS is
      > > the fact that there is never a release called "Release" or "Final".
      > > Version 3.10 is labelled Beta, version 4.10 is labelled Beta, and I
      > > wager version 5 will be labelled Beta beyond its Beta too.
      >
      > Agreed. We never get around to releasing a 'Final' before we start
      > working on new features which put it back into 'Beta'.
      >
      > > Another problem is that 3.10 is still mentioned at
      > > http://www.nslu2-linux.org as the version to download, until the user
      > > reaches this page:
      > > http://www.slug-firmware.net/s-dls.php
      >
      > Please fix any page which doesn't refer to the most recent versions.
      >
      > > I'm willing to clean up the documentation if there's support for my
      > > doing so.
      >
      > There is always huge support for anyone who is improving the
      > documentation. Proven documenters go to the head of the queue when I
      > prioritise who I support first with answers to questions.
      >
      > -- Rod

      Hello Rod,

      I like very much to fix the documentation (wiki) in those places
      where I see it is outdated and I have experience.
      Unfortunately I am not to deep into Linux and sometimes it comes
      to a misunderstanding.
      If you are willing to fix my misunderstandings I will work on the
      documentation, especially slugOSBE.

      Regards, Rudolf