Re: nslu2 and kamikaze 8.09

  • sdm485
    Message 1 of 9 , Mar 3 8:23 AM
      I also had to change the root password from the webpage before I could log in via ssh. I
      didn't know the default password and this worked...:) Looks like 4M+ of jffs for additional
      programs. Cool.

      --- In nslu2-linux@yahoogroups.com, Jay Johnson <jej_94107@...> wrote:

      > Thanks much for this Michael - makes me feel a bit better.
      >
      > For now I'm gonna leave it at 7.09 but I sure would like to know what's up :).
      >
      > Good luck with your slug!
      >
      > Cheers,
      >
      > Jay

    • darethehair
      Message 2 of 9 , Mar 3 8:38 AM
        sdm485 wrote:

        > It booted up with a static
        > IP of 192.168.1.1.

        Thanks so much for finding 'the problem' i.e. that the OS was booting with
        an unexpected (?) IP address. With a bit of temporary ethernet cable
        swapping, I was able to connect and 'fix' the network settings back to what
        I wanted them to be :)

        As well, I had not been aware of the 'web' interface that was available.
        Pretty nifty!

        Now, hopefully, I will be able to install all the packages that I could not
        before with the 'hybrid' webcam-only version of Kamikaze that I had
        previously!

        Message 3 of 9 , Mar 5 10:22 PM
          darethehair wrote:
          > Jay-127 wrote:
          >> Attempts to ping, telnet, and ssh are all met with failure.
          >
          > I have the same problem, though I used the 8mb 'non-fat' image. Hopefully
          > there is a quick fix for this!

          Try contacting it on static address of 192.168.1.1, no dhcp.

          -- Rod
        • darethehair
          Message 4 of 9 , Mar 6 5:54 AM
            Rod Whitby-2 wrote:

            > Try contacting it on static address of 192.168.1.1, no dhcp.
            >
            > -- Rod

            Yep, that is what I did -- but first I had to swap some network cables
            around, since my router (actually most routers) use '192.168.1.1' as their
            IP address. I am more curious to know whether it was intentional (or not)
            for the latest Kamikaze to use that address, rather than something more
            likely *not* to collide with a router?