Re: [nslu2-linux] Re: nslu2 and kamikaze 8.09

  • Jay Johnson
    Message 1 of 9 , Mar 3, 2009
      Thanks much for this Michael - makes me feel a bit better.

      For now I'm gonna leave it at 7.09 but I sure would like to know what's up :).

      Good luck with your slug!

      Cheers,

      Jay

      Message 2 of 9 , Mar 3, 2009
        Just put kamikaze 8.09 on my 128M fatslug; it has a serial port. It booted up with a static
        IP of 192.168.1.1. I changed that to my network in the /etc/config/network file and
        rebooted. It now works fine via the webpage. It sees all the RAM too.
        Steve

        --- In nslu2-linux@yahoogroups.com, Jay Johnson <jej_94107@...> wrote:

        > Thanks much for this Michael - makes me feel a bit better.
        >
        > For now I'm gonna leave it at 7.09 but I sure would like to know what's up :).
        >
        > Good luck with your slug!
        >
        > Cheers,
        >
        > Jay

      • sdm485
        Message 3 of 9 , Mar 3, 2009
          I also had to change the root password from the webpage before I could log in via ssh. I
          didn't know the default password and this worked...:) Looks like 4M+ of jffs for additional
          programs. Cool.

          --- In nslu2-linux@yahoogroups.com, Jay Johnson <jej_94107@...> wrote:

          > Thanks much for this Michael - makes me feel a bit better.
          >
          > For now I'm gonna leave it at 7.09 but I sure would like to know what's up :).
          >
          > Good luck with your slug!
          >
          > Cheers,
          >
          > Jay

        • darethehair
          Message 4 of 9 , Mar 3, 2009
            sdm485 wrote:

            > It booted up with a static
            > IP of 192.168.1.1.

            Thanks so much for finding 'the problem' i.e. that the OS was booting with
            an unexpected (?) IP address. With a bit of temporary ethernet cable
            swapping, I was able to connect and 'fix' the network settings back to what
            I wanted them to be :)

            As well, I had not been aware of the 'web' interface that was available.
            Pretty nifty!

            Now, hopefully, I will be able to install all the packages that I could not
            before with the 'hybrid' webcam-only version of Kamikaze that I had
            previously!

            Message 5 of 9 , Mar 5, 2009
              darethehair wrote:
              > Jay-127 wrote:
              >> Attempts to ping, telnet, and ssh are all met with failure.
              >
              > I have the same problem, though I used the 8mb 'non-fat' image. Hopefully
              > there is a quick fix for this!

              Try contacting it on static address of 192.168.1.1, no dhcp.

              -- Rod
            • darethehair
              Message 6 of 9 , Mar 6, 2009
                Rod Whitby-2 wrote:

                > Try contacting it on static address of 192.168.1.1, no dhcp.
                >
                > -- Rod

                Yep, that is what I did -- but first I had to swap some network cables
                around, since my router (actually most routers) use '192.168.1.1' as their
                IP address. I am more curious to know whether it was intentional (or not)
                for the latest Kamikaze to use that address, rather than something more
                likely *not* to collide with a router?