Re: [nslu2-linux] nslu2 and kamikaze 8.09

  • darethehair
    Message 1 of 9 , Mar 2, 2009
      Jay-127 wrote:

      > Attempts to ping, telnet, and ssh are all met with failure.

      I have the same problem, though I used the 8mb 'non-fat' image. Hopefully
      there is a quick fix for this!

    • Jay Johnson
      Message 2 of 9 , Mar 3, 2009
        Thanks much for this Michael - makes me feel a bit better.

        For now I'm gonna leave it at 7.09 but I sure would like to know what's up :).

        Good luck with your slug!

        Cheers,

        Jay

        Message 3 of 9 , Mar 3, 2009
          Just put kamikaze 8.09 on my 128M fatslug; it has a serial port. It booted up with a static
          IP of 192.168.1.1. I changed that to my network in the /etc/config/network file and
          rebooted. It now works fine via the webpage. It sees all the RAM too.
          Steve

          --- In nslu2-linux@yahoogroups.com, Jay Johnson <jej_94107@...> wrote:

          > Thanks much for this Michael - makes me feel a bit better.
          >
          > For now I'm gonna leave it at 7.09 but I sure would like to know what's up :).
          >
          > Good luck with your slug!
          >
          > Cheers,
          >
          > Jay

        • sdm485
          Message 4 of 9 , Mar 3, 2009
            I also had to change the root password from the webpage before I could log in via ssh. I
            didn't know the default password and this worked...:) Looks like 4M+ of jffs for additional
            programs. Cool.

            --- In nslu2-linux@yahoogroups.com, Jay Johnson <jej_94107@...> wrote:

            > Thanks much for this Michael - makes me feel a bit better.
            >
            > For now I'm gonna leave it at 7.09 but I sure would like to know what's up :).
            >
            > Good luck with your slug!
            >
            > Cheers,
            >
            > Jay

          • darethehair
            Message 5 of 9 , Mar 3, 2009
              sdm485 wrote:

              > It booted up with a static
              > IP of 192.168.1.1.

              Thanks so much for finding 'the problem' i.e. that the OS was booting with
              an unexpected (?) IP address. With a bit of temporary ethernet cable
              swapping, I was able to connect and 'fix' the network settings back to what
              I wanted them to be :)

              As well, I had not been aware of the 'web' interface that was available.
              Pretty nifty!

              Now, hopefully, I will be able to install all the packages that I could not
              before with the 'hybrid' webcam-only version of Kamikaze that I had
              previously!

              Message 6 of 9 , Mar 5, 2009
                darethehair wrote:
                > Jay-127 wrote:
                >> Attempts to ping, telnet, and ssh are all met with failure.
                >
                > I have the same problem, though I used the 8mb 'non-fat' image. Hopefully
                > there is a quick fix for this!

                Try contacting it on static address of 192.168.1.1, no dhcp.

                -- Rod
              • darethehair
                Message 7 of 9 , Mar 6, 2009
                  Rod Whitby-2 wrote:

                  > Try contacting it on static address of 192.168.1.1, no dhcp.
                  >
                  > -- Rod

                  Yep, that is what I did -- but first I had to swap some network cables
                  around, since my router (actually most routers) use '192.168.1.1' as their
                  IP address. I am more curious to know whether it was intentional (or not)
                  for the latest Kamikaze to use that address, rather than something more
                  likely *not* to collide with a router?