Re: [nslu2-linux] Re: 6th backup job Unslung 6.10 beta

  • Ian White
    Message 1 of 6 , Feb 26, 2009
      The problem is that /etc/CGI_ds.conf (and /etc/crontab) get re-created on each re-boot

      The trick is to have a "diversion" script re-instate the your edits on each reboot

      I am at work just now, so I don't have the exact details of this script
      but it is called /unslung/rc.cron and it replaces the sections of /etc/CGI_ds.conf and /etc/crontab
      with some fragments of these files that I keep safe.

      In this way I can edit these fragments to make changes to my backup regime
      and then have these inserted at next reboot

      I will post (details) when I get home this evening

      Cheers
      Ian W.