Re: [nslu2-linux] CUPS & rsyslogd causing disk spin-up

  • feffer
    Message 1 of 3 , Feb 5, 2009
      feffer wrote:

      > I also turned avahi-daemon off. I don't think I need it either?

      Evidently the avahi-daemon is needed for music sharing using mt-daapd
      (iTunes-like music sharing). It seems to keep the disk spinning -- maybe
      because it's needed to broadcast the music-server's location to the network.
      Can anyone verify this? Is there a way around this?

      Concerning system logs -- I would like to have them active, and the nslu2
      site shows an option to prevent syslogd from doing constant writes (m0), but
      Lenny doesn't use syslogd. It uses rsyslogd, and I can't find any similar
      option information either on the nslu2 site or the rsyslog site. Anyone here
      know how to configure rsyslog to keep my slug hd from constantly spinning
      up?

      Thx,
      feffer