Re: Rename DISK 2

  • rincewindcook
    Message 1 of 5 , Feb 5, 2009
      --- In nslu2-linux@yahoogroups.com, "rincewindcook" <pawcook@...> wrote:

      > --- In nslu2-linux@yahoogroups.com, Brian Morrison <bdm@> wrote:
      > >
      > > rincewindcook wrote:
      > > > Hi all
      > > >
      > > > Can anyone tell me if there is an easy way to rename the public
      folder
      > > > 'DISK 2' to something more friendly?
      > > > I am using Unslung 6.10
      > >
      > > Edit the smb.conf file, either in /etc or /opt/etc/samba depending on
      > > which version of samba you run, v3.x use the later location, but there
      > > may be an explicit config file location in the
      /opt/etc/init.d/S08samba

      http://www.nslu2-linux.org/wiki/HowTo/CreateASingleSambaShareFor2Harddisks
      > I think this might work if I just miss out the DISK 1 section

      No it didn't really work, I just ended up with the DISK 2 folder
      inside my new folder.
    • rincewindcook
      Message 2 of 5 , Feb 5, 2009
        --- In nslu2-linux@yahoogroups.com, "rincewindcook" <pawcook@...> wrote:

        > --- In nslu2-linux@yahoogroups.com, "rincewindcook" <pawcook@> wrote:
        > >
        > > --- In nslu2-linux@yahoogroups.com, Brian Morrison <bdm@> wrote:

        > folder
        > > >
        > > > Edit the smb.conf file, either in /etc or /opt/etc/samba
        depending on
        > > > which version of samba you run, v3.x use the later location, but
        there
        > > > may be an explicit config file location in the
        > /opt/etc/init.d/S08samba
        > > > script.
        > > >
        > > > --
        > > >
        > > > Brian
        > > >
        > > Thanks Brian, but I do not have smb.conf in either of those locations.
        > > I do have it in the following but I dont know if it would be a good
        > > thing to edit all of these copies of smb.conf..
        > >

        > > # find / -name smb.conf
        > > /etc/samba/smb.conf
        > > /usr/local/smb.conf
        > > /share/hdd/conf/smb.conf
        > > /share/flash/data/etc/samba/smb.conf
        > > /share/flash/data/usr/local/smb.conf
        > > /share/flash/data/share/hdd/conf/smb.conf
        > > /share/flash/conf/smb.conf
        > > /initrd/etc/samba/smb.conf
        > > /initrd/usr/local/smb.conf
        > >

        > > I dont mind if the folder is still shown as DISK 2 in the web
        > > interface of unslung, it's just when browsing from my windows machines
        > > that I would like it to show as something else.
        > > I might try this

        http://www.nslu2-linux.org/wiki/HowTo/CreateASingleSambaShareFor2Harddisks
        > > I think this might work if I just miss out the DISK 1 section
        > >
        > No it didn't really work, I just ended up with the DISK 2 folder
        > inside my new folder.

        I did this for a workaround, created a new share called 'shared files'
        gave full access for everyone, then just hid the Disk2 folder by by
        editing /etc/samba/user_smb.conf and adding the following line

        [DISK 2]
        browsable=no