Re: [nslu2-linux] Master Makefile build environment failing

  • Mike (mwester)
    Message 1 of 7 , Feb 1, 2009
      Scott Ruckh wrote:
      > This is what you said Mike (mwester)
      >> Scott Ruckh wrote:
      >>
      >> This is a problem with the Master Makefile. Delete the bitbake
      >> directory, and change "tags/bitbake-1.8.10" to "tags/bitbake-1.8.12" in
      >> the Makefile, then do the build.
      >>

      > Thanks for the response, I will test it out!!

      The Master Makefile has been updated. So any affected users need only
      delete (or rename) the "bitbake" directory, and then "make update" (or,
      if you wish a more selective update, "make update-common" followed by
      "make update-bitbake" IIRC).

      Mike (mwester)
    • Scott Ruckh
      Message 2 of 7 , Feb 2, 2009
        > The Master Makefile has been updated. So any affected users need only
        > delete (or rename) the "bitbake" directory, and then "make update" (or,
        > if you wish a more selective update, "make update-common" followed by
        > "make update-bitbake" IIRC).

        I did a make slugosbe-image from scratch and it made it through with only 1
        error. I believe it was with the init scripts. Everything else seemed to
        complete. I have not had time to test out the environment yet.

        Thanks for your help.
      • Mike (mwester)
        Message 3 of 7 , Feb 2, 2009
          Scott Ruckh wrote:
          >> The Master Makefile has been updated. So any affected users need only
          >> delete (or rename) the "bitbake" directory, and then "make update" (or,
          >> if you wish a more selective update, "make update-common" followed by
          >> "make update-bitbake" IIRC).
          >>

          > I did a make slugosbe-image from scratch and it made it through with only 1
          > error. I believe it was with the init scripts. Everything else seemed to
          > complete. I have not had time to test out the environment yet.
          >
          > Thanks for your help.

          I just pushed a fix for the initscript breakage; building again should
          be quick and should result in a usable image.

          Please let us know how it works for you (we're close to an initial
          release and I just need a "thumbs up" from a few people before we move
          into that phase).

          Mike (mwester)
        • Scott Ruckh
          Message 4 of 7 , Feb 3, 2009
            This is what you said Mike (mwester)
            > I just pushed a fix for the initscript breakage; building again should
            > be quick and should result in a usable image.
            >
            > Please let us know how it works for you (we're close to an initial
            > release and I just need a "thumbs up" from a few people before we move
            > into that phase).

            Although most likely not what I want since I did a "head" build using the
            slugosbe-image directive, All 850 tasks completed with 0 failures.

            The host platform is an 8.10 remix of Ubuntu (Easy Peasy).

            I am currently running SlugOS/BE 4.8 on the NSLU2.

            Thanks for your time, help, and support.