Re: [nslu2-linux] Re: Samba update to 3.2.7 resulted in loss of ability to share anything

  • Brian Morrison
    Message 1 of 4 , Jan 30, 2009
      Brian Morrison wrote:
      > On Sun, 18 Jan 2009 16:24:14 -0000
      > "doll_oliver" <doll_oliver@...> wrote:
      >
      >> shooting into the blue - don't know from which version you're coming.
      >
      > 3.2.4, which worked perfectly.
      >
      >> Maybe you have to add yor IPs to the smb.conf?
      >
      > Already done, although I suppose someone might have tightened up the
      > syntax.
      >
      >> I had to do the same as ipx0 etc. is no longer good enough.
      >
      > Thanks for the suggestions, I'll have another look at it.

      I still can't get this to work at all, and the previously working admin
      user still can't log in via the web interface, despite me not having
      changed the passwords and the /etc/password entry matching the .htaccess
      entry.

      Can anyone suggest how I can debug this, I'm rather at a loss.

      I can still ssh in, my root password still works.

      --

      Brian