Fwd: WD My Book Mirror Edition works with UnSlung

  • janne5011
    Message 1 of 2 , Jan 16, 2009
      --- In nslu2-general@yahoogroups.com, "Cecil McCullough" <c3c@...>
      wrote:

      Hello all,

      I'm sharing this info because I searched and found no success stories
      with the WD My Book Mirror using ext3 with UnSlung on NSLU2. I bought
      the 2TB model, #WD2000H2U-00, which uses RAID1 with two internal 1TB
      disks. I formatted the disk as ext3 using the UnSlung format tool.
      Worked fine. So far, so good.

      Since I'm upgrading from an existing UnSlung disk, I needed to
      transfer about 230GB of data to the My Book. I used the rsync method
      at the bottom of this page without a hitch:
      http://www.nslu2-linux.org/wiki/HowTo/SwapDrivesOnUnslung

      That is, after I installed rsync using "ipkg update" then "ipkg
      install rsync". The transfer took about 29 hours but worked great. I
      powered down the NSLU2, swapped drives, and now I'm back online using
      the larger, safer My Book.

      Take care,
      -Cecil

      --- End forwarded message ---
    • Andreas74
      Message 2 of 2 , Dec 29, 2009
        Hello Cecil,

        I have my NSLU2 running with a 1 TB My Book Mirror Edition (500 GB RAID 1)
        now running for about one week. I use V2.3R63-uNSLUng-6.8. I used the same
        rsync method as you did, but I used a Knoppix CD for it.

        Since I use the Mirror Edition disk (instead of my old 500 GB Essential
        Edition) I have strange hangups. The My Book Mirror Edition apprears to be
        in power save mode and the NSLU2 does not respond to SSH, HTTP or rsync. I
        suspect that the problem is that the disk does not wake up from power save
        mode. Do you also have this problem ?

        Best regards,
        Andreas