Re: [nslu2-linux] Re: cannot login web gui torrentflux

  • Scott Ruckh
    Message 1 of 16 , Jan 8, 2009
      This is what you said bram.schats
      > update,
      >
      > Because i have my nslu2 in unsling mode, with software Unslung 6.10
      > Beta my host path as shown below was changed, i had to put /ADMIN 1
      > in becouse else i did not get the log in screen of torrentflux.
      >
      > below is my torrentflux/config.php file i had to change:
      >
      > // Check the adodb/drivers/ directory for support for your database
      > // you may choose from many (mysql is the default)
      > $cfg["db_type"] = "sqlite"; // mysql, postgres7, postgres8 view
      > adodb/driver
      > $cfg["db_host"] = "/ADMIN
      > 1/opt/var/torrentflux/db/torrentflux.db"; // DB file,
      > $cfg["db_name"] = ""; // Name of the Database
      > $cfg["db_user"] = ""; // username for your MySQL database
      > $cfg["db_pass"] = ""; // password for database

      I believe this has been covered in previous threads if you search.

      I have run torrentflux-b4rt on Unslung 6.8, and now on SlugOS 4.8/BE.

      I had to compile uudeview and transmission (that came with the
      torrentflux-b4rt package). Not a hard task, but also not trivial for the
      person just learning Linux. Also my MySQL database is running on a remote
      server, although I have configured torrentflux-b4rt to run on an NSLU2 with
      the MYSQL DB locally running on the SLUG.

      If I remember correctly, the consensus for "easiest" bittorrent for the NSLU2
      was using the latest version of clutch from the optware packages, and running
      something similar to this (depending on your configuration).

      sudo -u clutch /opt/bin/transmission-daemon -w /public/clutch-torrents -g
      /public/clutch-torrents/.config

      This will give you a very simple web interface that can be used.

      I have also used torrentvolve, but would not necessarily recommend it for a
      beginner.
    • bram.schats
      Message 2 of 16 , Jan 9, 2009
        Scott,

        thanks for your reply!

        i tried to install clutch but it dit not work, it's not in the
        optware anymore:

        # ipkg install clutch
        Nothing to be done
        An error ocurred, return value: 4.
        Collected errors:
        Cannot find package clutch.
        Check the spelling or perhaps run 'ipkg update'
        #

        i found out that when i initially set the path of the database to
        ADMIN 1/...... it creates a database, after doing that i can set the
        path to the original opt/var/torrentflux/db/torrentflux.db and still
        come at the web login screen, initially it did not work, i got a
        message that i did not have created a database.

        When i go to /opt/var/torrentflux/db/torrentflux.db the file is
        empty, is this correct?

        I got a login screen but i still cannot login, it's frustrating.

        Hope you can help me with this issue.....

        thnx in advance.

        Please

        --- In nslu2-linux@yahoogroups.com, "Scott Ruckh" <sruckh@...> wrote:

        > This is what you said bram.schats
        > > update,
        > >
        > > Because i have my nslu2 in unsling mode, with software Unslung
        6.10
        > > Beta my host path as shown below was changed, i had to put /ADMIN
        1
        > > in becouse else i did not get the log in screen of torrentflux.
        > >
        > > below is my torrentflux/config.php file i had to change:
        > >
        > > // Check the adodb/drivers/ directory for support for your
        database
        > > // you may choose from many (mysql is the default)
        > > $cfg["db_type"] = "sqlite"; // mysql, postgres7, postgres8
        view
        > > adodb/driver
        > > $cfg["db_host"] = "/ADMIN
        > > 1/opt/var/torrentflux/db/torrentflux.db"; // DB file,
        > > $cfg["db_name"] = ""; // Name of the Database
        > > $cfg["db_user"] = ""; // username for your MySQL
        database
        > > $cfg["db_pass"] = ""; // password for database
        > >

        > I believe this has been covered in previous threads if you search.
        >
        > I have run torrentflux-b4rt on Unslung 6.8, and now on SlugOS
        4.8/BE.

        > I had to compile uudeview and transmission (that came with the
        > torrentflux-b4rt package). Not a hard task, but also not trivial
        for the
        > person just learning Linux. Also my MySQL database is running on a
        remote
        > server, although I have configured torrentflux-b4rt to run on an
        NSLU2 with
        > the MYSQL DB locally running on the SLUG.
        >
        > If I remember correctly, the consensus for "easiest" bittorrent for
        the NSLU2
        > was using the latest version of clutch from the optware packages,
        and running
        > something similar to this (depending on your configuration).
        >
        > sudo -u clutch /opt/bin/transmission-daemon -w /public/clutch-
        torrents -g
        > /public/clutch-torrents/.config
        >
        > This will give you a very simple web interface that can be used.
        >
        > I have also used torrentvolve, but would not necessarily recommend
        it for a
        > beginner.

      • Scott Ruckh
        Message 3 of 16 , Jan 9, 2009
          This is what you said bram.schats
          > Scott,
          >
          > thanks for your reply!
          >
          > i tried to install clutch but it dit not work, it's not in the
          > optware anymore:
          >
          > # ipkg install clutch
          > Nothing to be done
          > An error ocurred, return value: 4.
          > Collected errors:
          > Cannot find package clutch.
          > Check the spelling or perhaps run 'ipkg update'
          > #

          I think clutch is part of the "transmissiond" package. The executable,
          /opt/bin/transmission-daemon, is what is actually run.

          I don't use an sqllite DB or whatever type of DB you are using for
          torrentflux. I am using a MySQL DB on a remote server.

          I am using the the code found from here: http://tf-b4rt.berlios.de/, and not
          the torrentflux package.
        • bram.schats
          Message 4 of 16 , Jan 9, 2009

            Thank for the reply,

            i'm following procedure as in:
            http://www.nslu2-linux.org/wiki/HowTo/BitTorrent

            everething works as discribed until.

            when i get to the line beneath i get:

            # /opt/etc/init.d/S80lighttpd
            Starting web server: lighttpd
            2009-01-09 18:53:25: (network.c.300) can't bind to port:  8081 Address already in use
            #

            when i open http://192.168.2.130:8081

            i get a index.html with the name transmission in it.

            when i type http://192.168.2.130:8081/check_1.0.php i get cannot display page.

            probably the lighttp server is nog running, how can i get it up and running?

            It goes pretty well so far, so if you can help.....

            thnx.

            --- In nslu2-linux@yahoogroups.com, "Scott Ruckh" <sruckh@...> wrote:

            > This is what you said bram.schats
            > > Scott,
            > >
            > > thanks for your reply!
            > >
            > > i tried to install clutch but it dit not work, it's not in the
            > > optware anymore:
            > >
            > > # ipkg install clutch
            > > Nothing to be done
            > > An error ocurred, return value: 4.
            > > Collected errors:
            > > Cannot find package clutch.
            > > Check the spelling or perhaps run 'ipkg update'
            > > #
            >

            > I think clutch is part of the "transmissiond" package.  The executable,
            > /opt/bin/transmission-daemon, is what is actually run.
            >
            > I don't use an sqllite DB or whatever type of DB you are using for
            > torrentflux.  I am using a MySQL DB on a remote server.
            >
            > I am using the the code found from here:  http://tf-b4rt.berlios.de/, and not
            > the torrentflux package.

          • bram.schats
            Message 5 of 16 , Jan 10, 2009
              I have flashed my nslu2 and now lighttpd is running, that works.

              i have followed procedure http://www.nslu2-
              linux.org/wiki/HowTo/BitTorrent

              and now i hav a problem when i start http://62.195.171.125:8081/check-
              web.php

              everething passes except

              4. PHP-Database-Support
              mysql Failed
              sqlite Failed
              postgres Failed

              i have followed the procedure but i thing i'm doing something worng
              but don't know what. Hope someone can help me.

              thanks

              --- In nslu2-linux@yahoogroups.com, "bram.schats" <b.schats@...>
              wrote:

              > Thank for the reply,
              >
              > i'm following procedure as in:
              > http://www.nslu2-linux.org/wiki/HowTo/BitTorrent
              > <http://www.nslu2-linux.org/wiki/HowTo/BitTorrent>
              >
              > everething works as discribed until.
              >
              > when i get to the line beneath i get:
              >
              > # /opt/etc/init.d/S80lighttpd
              > Starting web server: lighttpd
              > 2009-01-09 18:53:25: (network.c.300) can't bind to port: 8081
              Address
              > already in use
              > #
              >
              > when i open http://192.168.2.130:8081 <http://192.168.2.130:8081>
              >
              > i get a index.html with the name transmission in it.
              >
              > when i type http://192.168.2.130:8081/check_1.0.php
              > <http://192.168.2.130:8081/check_1.0.php> i get cannot display
              page.

              > probably the lighttp server is nog running, how can i get it up and
              > running?
              >
              > It goes pretty well so far, so if you can help.....
              >
              > thnx.
              >

              > --- In nslu2-linux@yahoogroups.com <mailto:nslu2-
              linux@yahoogroups.com>
              > , "Scott Ruckh" <sruckh@> wrote:
              > >

              > > This is what you said bram.schats
              > > > Scott,
              > > >
              > > > thanks for your reply!
              > > >
              > > > i tried to install clutch but it dit not work, it's not in the
              > > > optware anymore:
              > > >
              > > > # ipkg install clutch
              > > > Nothing to be done
              > > > An error ocurred, return value: 4.
              > > > Collected errors:
              > > > Cannot find package clutch.
              > > > Check the spelling or perhaps run 'ipkg update'
              > > > #
              > >

              > > I think clutch is part of the "transmissiond" package. The
              > executable,
              > > /opt/bin/transmission-daemon, is what is actually run.
              > >
              > > I don't use an sqllite DB or whatever type of DB you are using for
              > > torrentflux. I am using a MySQL DB on a remote server.
              > >
              > > I am using the the code found from here: http://tf-
              b4rt.berlios.de/
              > <http://tf-b4rt.berlios.de/> , and not
              > > the torrentflux package.

            • bram.schats
              Message 6 of 16 , Jan 10, 2009
                I think i'm gonna stop trying.

                i got to the screen where says that the sqlite database file is
                missing.

                I restarted the slug to try that but now i can't even get online,
                lighttpd is down.

                when i type /opt/etc/init.d/S80lighttpd, i don't get an error
                message....

                i just don't know what to do next.

                wrote:

                > I have flashed my nslu2 and now lighttpd is running, that works.
                >
                > i have followed procedure http://www.nslu2-
                > linux.org/wiki/HowTo/BitTorrent
                >
                > and now i hav a problem when i start
                http://62.195.171.125:8081/check-
                > web.php
                >
                > everething passes except
                >
                > 4. PHP-Database-Support
                > mysql Failed
                > sqlite Failed
                > postgres Failed
                >
                > i have followed the procedure but i thing i'm doing something worng
                > but don't know what. Hope someone can help me.
                >
                > thanks
                >
                > --- In nslu2-linux@yahoogroups.com, "bram.schats" <b.schats@>
                > wrote:
                > >

                > > Thank for the reply,
                > >
                > > i'm following procedure as in:
                > > http://www.nslu2-linux.org/wiki/HowTo/BitTorrent
                > > <http://www.nslu2-linux.org/wiki/HowTo/BitTorrent>
                > >
                > > everething works as discribed until.
                > >
                > > when i get to the line beneath i get:
                > >
                > > # /opt/etc/init.d/S80lighttpd
                > > Starting web server: lighttpd
                > > 2009-01-09 18:53:25: (network.c.300) can't bind to port: 8081
                > Address
                > > already in use
                > > #
                > >
                > > when i open http://192.168.2.130:8081 <http://192.168.2.130:8081>
                > >
                > > i get a index.html with the name transmission in it.
                > >
                > > when i type http://192.168.2.130:8081/check_1.0.php
                > > <http://192.168.2.130:8081/check_1.0.php> i get cannot display
                > page.
                > >
                > > probably the lighttp server is nog running, how can i get it up
                and
                > > running?
                > >
                > > It goes pretty well so far, so if you can help.....
                > >
                > > thnx.
                > >

                > > --- In nslu2-linux@yahoogroups.com <mailto:nslu2-
                > linux@yahoogroups.com>
                > > , "Scott Ruckh" <sruckh@> wrote:
                > > >

                > > > This is what you said bram.schats

                > > > I think clutch is part of the "transmissiond" package. The
                > > executable,
                > > > /opt/bin/transmission-daemon, is what is actually run.
                > > >
                > > > I don't use an sqllite DB or whatever type of DB you are using
                for
                > > > torrentflux. I am using a MySQL DB on a remote server.
                > > >
                > > > I am using the the code found from here: http://tf-
                > b4rt.berlios.de/
                > > <http://tf-b4rt.berlios.de/> , and not
                > > > the torrentflux package.

              • Ralph Finch
                Message 7 of 16 , Jan 10, 2009
                  Bram--remind me again what you're trying to do--
                  - get any torrent client working on unslung, or
                  - get a particular client working on unslung?

                  Message 8 of 16 , Jan 11, 2009
                    Ralph,

                    Thanks for your reply, i really want to get it working but i'm stuck
                    and there is no information to find that suits my setup, NSLU2 with
                    unslung 6.10 beta software, in unslung mode.

                    i have followed this procedure:
                    http://www.nslu2-linux.org/wiki/HowTo/BitTorrent

                    except from the line: $ /opt/sbin/lighttpd -D -f ~/test-php/lighttpd-
                    php.conf
                    everething works: in http://www.nslu2-
                    linux.org/wiki/HowTo/DeployPHPWebAppUsingFastCGI i only could not
                    find out how to test it.

                    In: http://www.nslu2-
                    linux.org/wiki/HowTo/SlugOSNativeCompileEnvironment i did not have to
                    install anything, the optware package from 3-8 were either up to date
                    or not in optware. But i think this has nothing to do with it.

                    when i dit above i started up the settings, apart from minor
                    adjustments in the path's and filenames, for example my public folder
                    is in root, everething did work well.

                    I started lighttpd and checked settings, everething passes except 4.
                    PHP-Database-Support, sqlite failed.

                    to try it i coppied, cp -rp /opt/share/public/torrentflux-b4rt_1.0-
                    beta1/html/* /opt/share/www, conform procedure and tested it.

                    I got a screen were was asked to fill in database type etc. at some
                    point i got the error: Error: Your PHP installation does not have
                    support for SQLite built into it, this was expected. So, there is my
                    first problem, i don't know how to create a database in sqlite!!!

                    I then tried to restart the slug, maybe this would help, after reboot
                    i tried to get to the web http://192.168.2.130:8081/, then i got the
                    message HTTP 500 internal server error. When i restart lighttpd i get
                    the message:
                    # /opt/etc/init.d/S80lighttpd
                    Starting web server: lighttpd
                    2009-01-11 07:42:52: (network.c.300) can't bind to port: 8081
                    address already in use
                    #

                    Even if i try to change the port in lighttpd.conf and start the
                    webserver i don't get a error but when i go to
                    http://192.168.2.130:8085/ i also get HTTP 500 internal server error.

                    I just don't know what to do next i just can't get it to work.

                    I think it's just a minor thing but i just can't find out what it is.

                    Even a new flash won't give a problem, but i did it yesterday.

                    thanks in advance.....

                    --- In nslu2-linux@yahoogroups.com, "Ralph Finch" <rgf@...> wrote:

                    > Bram--remind me again what you're trying to do--
                    > - get any torrent client working on unslung, or
                    > - get a particular client working on unslung?
                    >

                    > _____

                    s=97359714/grpId=13216923/grpspId=1705004750/msgI
                    > d=22897/stime=1231612555/nc1=4507179/nc2=4025373/nc3=4836037>

                  • Ralph Finch
                    Message 9 of 16 , Jan 11, 2009
                      If you simply want a client torrent running on your unslung, I can help with that, I got rtorrent and transmission working and for the moment am using transmission.  I would use rtorrent if its torrent ratio limit worked on unslung but it doesn't.  Another reason to move beyond unslung to a full linux.

                      But if you want a database or something to work I haven't tried that and can't help.

                      RF

                      Message 10 of 16 , Jan 11, 2009
                        Ralph,

                        I don't care wich torrentprogram i'm using but i want a program "easy
                        to install" and easy to use with for example with webif, i'm not the
                        only one downloading torrents.

                        So if that is easy to use and works well i'll try that instead....

                        thanks

                        --- In nslu2-linux@yahoogroups.com, "Ralph Finch" <rgf@...> wrote:

                        > If you simply want a client torrent running on your unslung, I can
                        help with
                        > that, I got rtorrent and transmission working and for the moment am
                        using
                        > transmission. I would use rtorrent if its torrent ratio limit
                        worked on
                        > unslung but it doesn't. Another reason to move beyond unslung to a
                        full
                        > linux.
                        >
                        > But if you want a database or something to work I haven't tried
                        that and
                        > can't help.
                        >
                        > RF
                        >

                        > _____

                      • Jorge Ruiz
                        Message 11 of 16 , Jan 11, 2009
                          Check enhanced-ctorrent with CTCS. It's command line, but very simple to set up and  use. CTCS gives you almost complete web-based control over your torrents.  I've used it for a year in a dedicated NSLU2 with V2.3R63-uNSLUng-6.10-beta. It only can run effectively at most 4 or 5 torrents simultaneously and it's not really fast, but keeping it up 24/7 have given a great result to me.
                          Cheers

                          Correo Yahoo!
                          Regístrate ya - http://correo.yahoo.com.mx/
                        • bram.schats
                          Message 12 of 16 , Jan 11, 2009
                            thanks,

                            think i'm gonna try that...

                            Message 13 of 16 , Jan 12, 2009
                              hhmmm,

                              i don't know what to install:
                              -Transmission.
                              -EnhancedCTorrent with ctcs.

                              as i can see you can upload torrentfiles with ftp in transmission,
                              thats easy to use, in ctorrent i have to telnet to the slug to add a
                              torrent using command line, isn't it?

                              What should i install?

                              Message 14 of 16 , Jan 12, 2009
                                Thanks for all your replies,

                                i have transmission running and works perfect.

                                greetz.