Re: How to mount disks by label in Unslung

  • rincewindcook
    Message 1 of 3 , Dec 29, 2008
      --- In nslu2-linux@yahoogroups.com, "Mike (mwester)" <mwester@...> wrote:

      > rincewindcook wrote:
      > > Hi
      > >
      > > I have 2 ext3 disks on a hub connected to the disk 1 port. Is it
      > > possible to mount these by label or under Unslung? there is a wiki
      > > here
      > > http://www.nslu2-linux.org/wiki/HowTo/MountDisksByLabel
      > > but this is for debian. Can this be modified to use with unslung?
      >
      > Short answer: No.
      >
      > Long answer: Unslung lacks the libraries and software to automagically
      > create the databases that map the label and uuid to disk device upon
      > detection. If you were creative enough, and determined enough, it would
      > be possible to back-port all that stuff to make something work, somehow
      > -- but I think that your time would be better spent in making SlugOS or
      > Debian work for you, rather than struggling to make the ancient kernel
      > and the proprietary Linksys code do what it wasn't designed to do...
      >
      > Mike (mwester)

      Thanks for that Mike, at the moment it's not a problem as my drives
      seem to be detected the same way each time I boot up, I was just
      trying to prempt future problems. The more I learn about my slug (only
      had it a couple of weeks) the more I think it may be better to switch
      to debian, although the lack of a gui (although someone told me I may
      be able to run 'webmin' on it) and my limited linux knowledge is
      putting me off at the moment. Thanks again for the reply.

      Paul