will stock nslu2 running unslung support 1TB drive?

  • lyndon153
    Message 1 of 3 , Dec 23, 2008
      I'm sorry if this has been answered before, but i've been off the
      group for some time.

      I have a underclocked nslu2 running Unslung 6.8-beta. What's the largest
      drive it supports? I'd like to simpifly things and migrate my 2x320GB
      drives to a 1TB. I'd rather use most of the 1TB as /share/hdd1/data
      (/dev/sdb1). (My boot drive is a 2GB flash drive.)

      --Lyndon
    • lpcarmed
      Message 2 of 3 , Dec 31, 2008
        I just added a 1.5TB Seagate to my not underclocked 6.8 beta slug. The
        format took 13 hours. Both read and write speeds are much slower than
        expected - I am getting ftp speeds in the magnitude of 500KB/sec,
        Samba between 0.5 - 1.6MB/sec. I am afraid the slug will go back to
        it's previous home automation duties very quick and I'll either buy a
        DNS-323 or build a FreeNAS from spare PC parts.

        Dave

        --- In nslu2-linux@yahoogroups.com, "lyndon153" <lvanwagn@...> wrote:

        > I'm sorry if this has been answered before, but i've been off the
        > group for some time.
        >
        > I have a underclocked nslu2 running Unslung 6.8-beta. What's the largest
        > drive it supports? I'd like to simpifly things and migrate my 2x320GB
        > drives to a 1TB. I'd rather use most of the 1TB as /share/hdd1/data
        > (/dev/sdb1). (My boot drive is a 2GB flash drive.)
        >
        > --Lyndon

      • lpcarmed
        Message 3 of 3 , Dec 31, 2008
          I played with the slug a bit today, and indeed the speed is around
          600KB/sec. It's acceptable for media streaming and backup, specially
          with rsync.